Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Spinach & Tomato Couscous




Ahh couscous...all moms in a hurry need to take advantage of what couscous has to offer. Seriously takes 5 mins to cook. This makes a great side dish but today it was our lunch. I love the East Texas tomatoes I'm getting at my farmers market. They are so sweet, like candy! Ok, so I'm slightly exaggerating. I'd be terribly disappointed with Santa if he left tomatoes in my stocking instead of Lindt's Dark Chocolate with chili.

1 C Couscous
1 C boiling water with vegetable bouillon
1 pat of butter

1 large handful of fresh, organic spinach ~ chopped
1 large tomato ~ chopped
3 Mushrooms ~ chopped
1 clove of garlic
S & P

Cook couscous in water with vegetable bouillon according to directions. In a skillet I sauteed chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped mushrooms, spinach and S & P. I cooked it for a couple of mins. Once the couscous had had it's 5 mins of rest, I tossed everything together. Topped with parmesan and pepper it was a hit. From pantry to plate was about 10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment