Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Banana Nut Bread

The stuff you need.


He is so silly.


Mmmmm...my kitchen smells so good!

You know when you walk into the kitchen and the smell of over ripened bananas almost knocks you out that it’s time for banana nut bread! I have a fool proof recipe. You can tweak this recipe over and over and it just keeps turning out.

1 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C banana (about 3 larges ones) mashed
3/4 C Coconut oil (I know, right? 3/4 Cup! Is she serious? Yes…yes she is.)
2 eggs
2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 C nuts (optional)
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg (fresh taste better & you'll feel fancy buying whole...and really...don't we all want to feel fancy?)

Mix all ingredients and pick muffins or loaf pan.

For muffins ~ 20 mins at 400 degrees
For loaf ~ 45-55 mins at 350 degrees


My friend Michele has used a cup of applesauce in place of oil and says it works. I’m sure it probably does but my boys eat my applesauce as fast as I can make it so I never have a cup left over. I’ve used half a cup of oil before and it turns out..its not as good but its still really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment