Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Asparagus & Mushroom Ravioli




Another super easy meal. This is a true Go-To in our house. I’ve made this pesto pasta with just about every green veggie and every type of pasta and it always turns out and is always eaten. Seth usually has a couple of servings. Reheats well in the skillet..which is important to me since I’m like the only American without a microwave. (long story..don’t ask)

1 bunch Asparagus ~ chopped into bite size pieces
6 large Mushrooms ~ chopped
2 cloves garlic – minced
2 Tbsp butter
1/3 C prepared Pesto
And the standard..S&P, EVOO and 4 cheese blend to top

Sautee asparagus, mushrooms and garlic in butter and a little EVOO over med heat while your store bought ravioli is cooking. They take about the same amt of time. I'm sure the day will come when making homemade ravioli with my very own pasta maker will be fun. Until then, I'll take help from Costco. Place cooked ravioli in a baking dish, brush on the pesto and then top with the asparagus/mushroom mixture. Sprinkle whatever cheese you like and top with black pepper. Put into a preheated oven just long enough to melt the cheese. It looks really pretty, taste really good and only takes about 25 mins from pantry to plate.

3 comments:

  1. OK, I finally sat down at the PC to take a peek at your new blog, and I'm loving it!!! Please keep it up! Everything looks so yummy!

    We did the rice broccoli-cheese style the other night, and we loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will have to make this soon!!! it looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm about to make this for dinner. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete