Monday, August 24, 2009

Autumn Bread




Today was my five year old's first day of Kindergarten. That's pretty important stuff around these parts! So with the pretend feeling of fall in the air, I decided to make a loaf of Autumn Bread last night. It was yummy :)

What you need:
1 C Brown Sugar
2 C Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 C Coconut Oil
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 apple ~ peeled and chopped
1 C canned pumpkin
1/2 C coconut
1/2 C white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon

(I would normally add in 1/2 C walnuts but left them out since my 1 year old hasn't mastered walnuts yet.)

350 degrees for about an hour (my oven took a little longer)

This morning my boys had big, thick slices of this toasted with butter. Mmmmm...butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment