Monday, August 31, 2009

Spanish Rice with Black Beans

What you need...


The end result...

I stocked up on rices this past weekend and now have to do something with them. So it's another rice recipe. Tonight I made Spanish rice with black beans, cheese quesadillas and guacamole. The kids are full and happy. I started with a basic white rice recipe and then churched it up a bit.

What you need...
1 C White Rice
1/4 C Orzo
1/2 C chopped bell peppers (I used yellow and orange b/c they are pretty)
A couple of tomatoes ~ chopped
1/2 C cheddar
1/2 C mozzarella
1/2 C sour cream
1 can black beans
1/4 white onion ~ chopped
1/4 C prepared salsa
3 C boiling water (I added bouillon to mine)
½ stick butter

While bringing bouillon to a boil, I melted butter in 350 degree oven with orzo and rice. Once butter was melted, I dumped everything (except water) into the dish and then poured boiling water on top. I carefully stirred it together, covered it and popped it back into oven for about an hour. Delish!

1 comment: