Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Minestrone Soup

The usual suspects for Minestrone


The finished product. Makes my heart smile :)

This is a classic around here. Both of my boys love soup as much as I do. Anytime you have fresh veggies in your crisper that have seen better days..it's time to make a pot of Minestrone.

1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
2 large tomatoes (yummy ones from East Texas)
1 yellow onion
3 sm potatoes
2 C kidney beans
2 stalks of celery
3/4 C carrots
2 cloves garlic
1 can low-sodium V8
4 C water with veggie bouillon
S&P
Pasta

Su Chef Seth and I chopped and dropped all of the veggies, V8 and bouillon water into my dutch oven for a good 45 mins and cooked on low. In a separate pot I cooked up the pasta. Any pasta will do, cheese tortellini is my favorite but I was out. I served the soup over the pasta and topped with a little bit of cheddar cheese and fresh ground black pepper. Oh yeah..almost forgot to add..soak your dried beans overnight and/or precook in a pressure cooker before you add to this soup. Duh, right? Canned works too...but I'm guessing you knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment