Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lemon Blueberry Cookies





I came across a yummy sounding Lemon-zucchini cookie today on a friend's blog. It called for a cup of zucchini and while I did have one on hand, it's marked for future soup. What I did have was a bunch of blueberries that needed a good home. I threw caution to the wind and used her recipe with my one tweak.

What you need...
3/4 C Butter ~ soft (aka 1.5 sticks. Yum already)
1 C Sugar
1 Egg
1 Tsp Lemon juice
1 Tsp Lemon peel
2 C Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 C Blueberries ~ squished

Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in egg then add juice and lemon peel. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Last...add the blueberries. Into a 375 degree oven for 15-20 mins. Done when the edges of the cookies are golden.

I made up a basic glaze of lemon juice and powdered sugar. Original recipe calls for 1/2 C sugar to 2 Tsp lemon juice but I made a lot more b/c we REALLY like glaze in my house.

Shannon's original recipe calls for 1 C grated zucchini. I'll add that next time instead. :) Thanks Shannon!

No comments:

Post a Comment